Sunday, July 29, 2012

Long Time No See...

So I don't know if I will really survive the rest of my summer. I have so much going on! Not that everything that I have been and will be doing is bad, it has just kept me very busy. Needless to say, I am actually fairly excited for school to start. I thought that I was having "withdrawal problems" at the beginning of the summer because I haven't been able to see many of my friends, but it is so much worse now. I mean come on, you know it's bad if you have crazy dreams involving many of your friends on a regular basis. It seems like every morning, I wake up having had the most bizarre experience of my life. Like, a few nights ago, I was a spy or something and had to jump off of a landing above some stairs in a cathedral. There was other stuff going on too, but that was the last thing that happened before I woke up. Okay, so maybe that isn't the craziest dream that I have ever had, but my summer has been filled with quirky things like that, so I think that it's about time for me to get back to school and try to have a normal schedule and not feel deprived of many of my friends. I could honestly make an entire blog post of all the people that I am excited to see, but I won't waste your time.

Okay, so I really have been up to some great things lately. Take my adventure to Boise two weeks ago for an excellent example. I had a BLAST with an amazing group for BYS. Yellow 40 (our group) was one of the best groups that I have ever had the chance to be in, and I feel was a complete blessing to me. The experience was wonderful, and I know that I will never forget it. It strengthened my testimony of Jesus Christ and his restored church. I also made many friendships that will last for quite some time. My roommate was awesome! Really, I had a blast getting to know Kaycee. While our group was a little crazy, I couldn't have asked for anything better! It was the best, and I guess crazy isn't bad, right?

Carson, Brent, Jake, Colton, Tyler, Kendall, Nick, Jace
Chalea, Rachel, Me, Stephanie, Angel, Kaycee, Sydney, Katie, Chelsea

Look at us! Great group and awesome counselors!

So that was how I spent that week! Last week? Mega girls camp prep! I was so busy getting ready for that! I did all of my shopping, started my ward t-shirt, spent all of Wednesday making the 1st level banner (which looks really cool!), going to the precamp meeting on Thursday, and have been working on devotionals off and on all week. Girls camp is next week and I am super excited to go and have a blast as always! Before that though, I get to go to yearbook camp this week! I am kind of freaking out for this, but I know that it will be a great experience and I will learn so much!

Oh, before I forget, Aborcrest last Friday night was great! The view from up there is breathtaking, and the weather decided to play along. I met some great people there, and made a great new friend. The memories of that night will last with me for a while, that's for sure! I still can't totally feel my right index finger on one side from tying so many balloons though! It was a great night despite my fingers feeling like they had fallen off. I mean, it can't be that bad if you are thought to be 22 years old! It was absolutely hilarious, and another great story that I can tell about how old I look. I don't think that I look that old, but I guess that other people do! Maybe it will work out to be an advantage some day. So far, it has just given me so many things to laugh about.

Summer is going by far too fast, but it has been one that I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment