Sunday, May 4, 2014

First Website

Not that any thing too important or exciting happened this week, but I do have a little bit of exciting news. In my programming class, I wrote up my first website! It doesn't have a URL, but it was very exciting to learn some simple code. That's how I wrote the website. I used a text editor and wrote out the HTML code. It was so cool, but kind of tedious and boring. The page was simple, with just had a basic heading, a short description, and a table of names. I am going to, however, make a more exciting web page for my web design class. That page will be done at the end of the semester, and I am excited to learn all of the cool stuff from that class.

Yesterday was fun. My roommates and I went on a picnic with Andy. It was so fun to just be with some great friends, and the sun felt wonderful! Having this sunshine is something of a luxury here, but hopefully we will be able to enjoy it more often since it is Spring, and the weather is getting better. On our little picnic, we all made sandwiches, and then sat at Porter Park in a little circle of grass eating them and talking. We stayed there for a couple of hours because it was just so beautiful! It was a little windy though, so my hair kept flying in my face almost every time I tried to take a bite.


I started my first typography project this week. It took me so many hours of sitting and drawing to get my thumbnails done, but it was worth it. I think it is going to be the best way for me to familiarize myself with all the different fonts that I have to learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment