Sunday, August 24, 2014

Ice Bucket Challenge...and More

After being nominated by a few people within a few hours, I accepted (within the 24 hour time) and did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. My brother, Jed, had also just been nominated, so we decided to do it at the same time.


Sorry about the dumb looks on our faces in the video thumbnail. I know that some may not like my approach that I decided to take on our challenge, but I will stand behind it because I feel that it was the right thing to do. ALS is a terrible disease that no one should have to endure, but I also know that there are several other medical challenges that are just as bad in their own way and also need attention like this. I know that all the wonderful research that has been done for Breast Cancer has saved my mom's life, and continues to save the lives of many others. I am infinitely grateful for that, but as much progress as they have made for this needs to be made in many other fields.

Other than this, there were a few things that I forgot to put in my last post. Sorry, I know I already posted so much last time, but I just had to add these.

At the end of the Spring semester, several of my friends and I drove out to the Rigby Sand Dunes for a bonfire. My friends did many other things like that in the last week of the semester, but I was unable to go to most of them. Still, I love spending time with my friends, and I will miss them all as I leave for Brazil for the next 18 months.

Another cool thing that we did at the end of the semester was explode a  watermelon. Let me tell you, that is one crazy thing! I would recommend doing it outside. We didn't think of that until after the explosion. After putting many many rubber bands around a watermelon, it made a huge mess. If I had access to the video of it, I would have put it up, but I don't. Logan put it on Facebook, but not YouTube, so I can't put it up. It's pretty cool to watch, and I wish I could share it.

Anyway, that's all the super exciting things that I can think of to write about. Until next time I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment