Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pretzels, Parties, and Perfect Weather

So, my sisters decided that they wanted to make homemade pretzels today. We usually make some kind of sweet goodie on Sunday afternoons, but we have been banned from any excess sugar lately because we are all still sick! Pretzels was an awesome idea on my sisters part, and definitely worth it. It was lots of fun, and ended up being a little bit of a "who can make the coolest pretzel" contest. We had some pretty good ones, and even some one that we had to just say that they needed a little work because they wouldn't exactly cook just right, if you know what I mean. I got this one idea when the competition got fierce, and I started executing that plan. It was so funny because as I finished making that pretzel, my sister Julia was just finishing one that was exactly the same. We both came up with the idea on our own accord! Here is what my pretzels looked like:


Sorry the picture quality isn't that good, I just used my phone's camera. The braided circle is the one that Julia and I came up with at the same time. It turned out pretty well I think. Needless to say, It was a fun Sunday afternoon.

While on my phone getting off the pictures of the pretzels for this post, I came across some really funny pictures that I forgot were there. Here is one of them:


Most people will have absolutely no idea what in the world this is a picture of. Well I know, and I think that it's absolutely hilarious, there are even a few other people with pictures of the same thing floating around Spokane somewhere. This is my friend McKay on top of a wall, about 8-9 or maybe even 10 feet off the ground waiting to ambush Matt (my prom date by the way) at his surprise 18th birthday party. And yes, he is holding a Nerf gun. It scared me so badly when I all of a sudden saw his head pop up over the wall as he pulled himself up from the other side. We were all a little concerned for his safety, but I can tell you that he did receive no harm. I also had the chance to go to another party more recently than that one. My friend, MaKormick, turned 16, so his parents paid for us to all go bowling for his party. I just happened to get the prize for the lowest score of the night...yeah. Oh well! The party was lots of fun even though I proved that I fail at bowling.

Now back to a real life update! We have had absolutely beautiful weather her this weekend. The sun has been shining, and we have had 65-80ish degree weather here in the past few days! I have definitely enjoyed getting to open the sunroof of my car, and spend more time outside. The feeling of that warm sunlight enveloping my body is just the best thing I have felt in a long time, since for months all I had was grey cloudy skies and crisp cold air of Spokane's Winter. Looking forward to blue skies ahead for the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment