Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Monster Post!

So life has been crazy the past few weeks, and school hasn't helped. It might help if when doing research at school, funny things didn't pop up on the computer like this:


Is that crazy or what? I was researching the beliefs of Puritans and the belief of Predestination, and one of the things that came up on the list was "what are the ten commandments". Is it just me, or is that sad? It is crazy to think that that question would be asked so commonly, but I guess that's just the society that I live in.

Along with getting distracted at school, I have the habit of getting distracted at home as well. If you were to look at my room, it would be apparent that I work on several projects at a time. I will start one, then start another and another before I have even come close to finishing the first one.


On my desk alone, there are several projects. I have a painting, earrings, nail art, jewelry work, and several other things in the process just on my desk. At least it is cleaner than my room looked in July. My desk looked about the same, but on top of that, my floor and bed were covered in t-shirts and all other types of crafts. Since the mess is now confined to my desk, I can say that I have been extremely successful in cleaning my room! Besides, this is a creative and productive mess-not a sloppy and pointless one.

One more random thing before I get to what really happened. My dad built a door for the pizza oven.Now we can make make breads as well as pizza!


I am all ready to make some bread, and you had better believe that I will get it perfected. I guess I never put  a picture of the oven up when we finished it, so here is a picture of the whole oven.


We got to crank out the oven recently for my brother Sam's 8th birthday. We had family over to celebrate, so we made pizza. It is truly the best pizza that I have ever had. Sam's birthday was great, and he was so cute, and extremely proud of the choice he made to become a baptized member of our church.



Isn't he cute! He was so happy.

For my church youth activity this week, we made dessert shooters. Imagine that! Several Mormon girls made mini desserts in shot glasses. We had fun and made some delicious desserts like:

Cherry Cheesecake,


Lemon Custard,



and Brownie Sundae


They were delicious, and so easy to make! And since they were so small, it wasn't hard to eat to eat all six of them.


Saturday was mom's birthday, and we decided to celebrate it in Coeur d'Alene. We went to the Brazilian grill that's in down town called The Grill from Ipanema. That food was so good! Although it wasn't my very favorite type of food, their marinated chicken, grilled vegetables, and grilled pineapple are to DIE for! They come around with the meat, pineapple, and vegetables on skewers, then slice it straight off the skewers onto your plate. We left there so full!

After our late lunch, we went to one of my favorite childhood places, the park in Coeur d'Alene. I loved this park so much because it has "Fort Sherman" in it. I have so many fond memories playing in this beautiful play area that is in the park just across the street from the lake.





It is one of the coolest wooden playgrounds that probably exists on the face of the planet. Not only does it look cool, but it is so fun to play in. You can walk or crawl all over inside it, which gives plenty of room for exploration.




"Chimes" to play inside the "fort"

It was such a neat experience to be able to go back to this park and walk around in it after so many years.

The best part of the past two weeks though...Thursday night's football game against Shadle Park. Events of that game have been on Good Morning America, the Today Show, and Sports Center to name a few. To tie the game, Austin Rehkow kicked a 67 yard field goal. It is the third farthest record for High School, and it beats the NFL record by a few yards. He was an overnight sensation, and was just about all anyone could talk about at school the next day.


What he did was incredible! There are so many videos on YouTube of his kick. In one of them, the most common one, his mom yells something along the lines of "let's go Rehkow!", and then screams once he makes it. Another one, is from the side of the opposing team, and it's pretty funny to hear them say "no...no...no" when he kicks. People like him make me proud to go to Central Valley High School and be a bear. He was such an overnight sensation that when he went to sleep that night, he had 130 friend requests on facebook, and thirty more when he woke up in the morning. He even has his own internet meme already.


This picture obviously wasn't taken at the same game, but it still has Austin kicking and Scott holding the ball for him. It was so funny on Friday at school since I sit next to Scott in my third period class. All we did that entire class was watch videos of the kick and talk about what had happened, what was happening, and what could happen. We were still both in shock, but ready to accept that it had really happened. Being a CV bear means so much more now, and we will say with much more emphasis at football and basketball games the cheer that's "Austin Rehkow (clap, clap, clap clap clap). Go Bears!

No comments:

Post a Comment