Sunday, March 17, 2013

Saint George

Last weekend I had the chance to visit Saint George, Utah. While there, I got to spend time with my dad's family-which was a blast. Let me tell you, I have the cutest little cousins and some super fun aunts that love to take us out to get frozen custard.


We went to Nielsens to get delicious frozen custard one night, and although it was kind of pricey, it was WONDERFUL!!!!! I had a chocolate custard with brownie bites mixed in. It was wonderful!


These are my adorable cousins Jordan and Sydney playing "Burrito" with my sister Emilee. This game was a created by Jordan's parents when I was a little girl. They would take my brother or I, wrap us up in a blanket, and pretend to eat the "burrito" that they had made. I told them about this game and they were instantly addicted and were having so much fun playing it.



It was quite an adventure flying there and back. I tend to have a HORRIBLE sense of direction. I drove my family to the airport on Wednesday morning before school, then drive my brother out to the airport after school on Friday. Thank heaven my brother has an excellent sense of direction though, so I didn't get us lost on the way there! We had a layover in Salt Lake City on the way there, where we met our uncle who flew with us on the flight into Saint George.


On the way back, we flew through Las Vegas, and I just about died when I saw this store while my mom and I were frantically looking for lunch before our flight left.


I showed Nathan this when I got home the following day, and he was hilarious and asked me if he had been the first thing that came to mind when I saw the sign. Since he is one of my best friends, I could easily tell him that I instantly thought of him when I saw it.

On the flight back home, Emilee took my phone and took some silly pictures since she was bored to death and had nothing to do.


 Saint George is a beautiful place with all the red rock and gorgeous weather. I always enjoy visiting there when I get the chance!


Since getting back, I have locked myself out of my car and seen my school's production of "Little Shop of Horrors." The musical is fabulous, but locking myself out of my car wasn't.


"Little Shop of Horrors" is an intriguing dark comedy about a plant that eats people and involves abusive relationships. I know that doesn't make it sound like a whole lot of fun, but it was wonderful! Nathan plays the main character, Seymour, and his twin brother, Jordan, voices the plant. The two of them made an excellent pair along with the rest of the talented cast and crew. Nathan recolored and cut his hair for this play, which I actually don't think looks bad. Jordan cut his hair for the play as well since he doubles with Nathan in one scene, but he didn't dye his hair. He just spray dyes it each night for the performance.


I went with my good friend Dallas to go see it this last Friday night, and we definitely had a blast! I am going to go again with Emily and Derek this Thursday, which will be interesting since I have seen the show, but I don't believe either of them have.


The weather in Spokane has become GORGEOUS lately and it finally feels like spring might be on its way. The sunsets have been breathtaking, ranging from oranges and yellows to pinks and purples.



Hopefully the weather will continue to improve, and it will start to feel more like sandal weather! I certainly am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment