Monday, March 25, 2013

Impossible Threat

This past week has been CRAZY! No joke, things happened that I would have never expected to happen to me EVER! Take this one thing for example: my school, CV, got a bomb threat on Wednesday. We were told to evacuate at about 9:20 in the morning, and since we line up in our advisory classes when we evacuate, I happened to be at the very back (my adviser's last name is Whittaker, and we line up alphabetically). Because of this, I had to stand out in the POURING rain and wind for two hours while we waited for buses to take us off campus. I kid you not, we were on the VERY LAST BUS!!!!! It was terrible, but let me tell you, it was a great bonding experience for advisory classes.




We were cold and wet to say the least! We weren't even allowed to drive ourselves home. It seemed ridiculous to us since we were freezing cold and would have done anything to warm up, but the bomb squad just had to check everything and they didn't want us to go any closer to the school. I didn't have a coat or even a jacket on, but I am so glad that I had my rain boots and that I was at least wearing a long sleeved shirt, unlike Brittani (the girl with me in the first picture who is in my advisory class) who was wearing a thin summertime dress. Once I got home though, I had a nice warm bath, got into dry clothes, and had soup with apple cider for lunch. I finally got to go back to the school at 2:15 to get my backpack and car, but it was really funny to me that they still had all of the regular buses there to bring kids home "after school".


Yeah, I don't think I will have many weeks that are much more eventful than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment