Sunday, September 8, 2013

Four More Days...and a Social Media Rant

With less than a week to go, I  am having a hard time believing that it's here already. I'm leaving on Thursday for my new grand adventure. The preparation is practically done, with just a few things left, like packing up my clothes (which I will be doing tomorrow) and loading up the car. I also have a random boxes to pack, but that shouldn't take long. I am excited to move on in life, but at the same time, it's pretty daunting. I can't go back now, and would much rather go than stay at home and not progress in life. It's just new. Not that I don't like change, but I have never done anything like this. I mean sure I have moved before and had to deal with that, but I have never gone to live on my own (kind of, I mean there are five other girls in the apartment and I already know two of them) and I will get to see a different side of life. It will be fun, yet stressful. I feel like I'm ready for the challenge if anyone is though. So on Thursday, we will embark on the six hour journey to Rexburg, Idaho, the place where dreams begin...but really, it is going to be the start of something new. I will be able to develop skills that I have, learn new ones, and learn more about my various artistic passions while at school.

Gosh, I don't know what else to say. I love my new computer, I just bought a mouse for it on Friday, the screen protectors for it came in the mail yesterday. I don't know. I am just to busy thinking about getting ready to think about or do anything else.

Oh yeah, we are taking family pictures this afternoon. I guess that's something different than college prep and the stress that it entails. For me though, I would much rather be taking the picture than being in it. I think a lot of people are never really happy with the way they look in pictures. It doesn't help for me that I was on the yearbook staff for two years and spent a lot of time behind the camera instead of in front of it. I love taking pictures! I really do, I promise. There is something satisfying about getting an artistic "vision" of sorts and being able to capture it. I guess that's why I Instagram a lot too. I just get some crazy idea, or see something cool and try to bottle up the emotion and story of that thing. It's fairly addicting when it is a good emotional outlet I put way more on Instagram than I put on Facebook. I don't usually feel the need to tell everyone in Facebookland how I feel about what I ate for dinner. Unless it's in some amazing five star restaurant somewhere in Europe, I honestly don't think people really care. On Instagram however, I can share emotion through art, and let others enjoy it too. I mean, It's not like if I posted something about the previously mentioned restaurant on Facebook that everyone that saw it would suddenly be able to eat the food and enjoy it too, but with Instagram, I can let my audience see and enjoy the same thing that I saw. It's just different.

And sorry there are no fun pictures on this post. I put several on the beloved Instagram this past week though, and there is a link to my page off on the right sidebar of this blog, if you feel so inclined to view them I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment