Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Last Week in the MTC and Reassignment! October 21, 2014

Hey there everyone!

I can´t believe that it´s my last week here. It has been a wonderful last few days. Our TRC skype call and one of our lessons were some of the most faith promoting experiences of my life. The lady that we skyped with for TRC is so amazing! She has such a strong testimony! And guess what...she knows our teacher Irmão Gray! He served in her ward in Brazil and got pretty close to her family. And guess what else, she has a sister serving in my mission and a brother serving in Sister Bunch´s mission! It was so cool to talk to her! I love being able to see that the church is strong all over the world. This work will continue on through any difficulties that the adversary throws at us.
I have exciting news for everyone...I have my reassignment call. I´m going to go to the...New Jersey Morristown Mission. I am so excited. I´ll send a hard copy of the call home and an electronic one as well. I´m so excited to get to go and serve there. I know that is where the Lord needs me right now. I don´t know how long He needs me there for, but I will go in faith knowing that He understands the things that I don´t. 

One of the Elders in our district, Elder Weeks, got his VISA. He will fly to Brazil on Monday. Another Elder in our zone just got his yesterday. He left this morning for the São Paulo MTC. He went through the San Francisco consolate. Maybe I should have done that. Just kidding. I know that the Lord has a hand in all this and that everything will work out like it is supposed to.
Mom, I have a few questions for you. I need to get a card reader for when I´m out in the field. Should I just get one here at the bookstore or have dad find one cheaper. They run around $12 here. Also, they have converters, and I don´t know if I should get one and if I do, what kind would I need exactly? I finally picked a mission scripture for my plaque too. I have been meaning to find one for weeks and then to send it to you, but I haven´t yet. I love D&C 18:44 with D&C 4:4 after it if I can. I will try to get a picture to send to you too. 

I think that´s it. Keep sending letters, I love getting them!

Love you all,
Sister Jensen

Here is our zone. We are supposed to get 30 or so new missionaries tomorrow. We are already full. they are having to combine districts to make room. We don't have classrooms, teachers, or bedrooms. It is going to be an adventure getting everyone in.


All of the sisters in our room
I love Elders Carpenter and Shakespear photobombing this one. They are the best!





The one we are jumping in, I will tell you are names and where we are going.
from left to right:
Sister Bow, from California going to Mozambique
Sister Gutke, from Utah going to Mozambique
Sister Bunch, from Colorado going to Brazil
(me)
Sister Valentine, from Utah going to Brazil






Sister Gutke, Post and I being goofy one night




Here is us doing "yo-yoga" one night.




Here was the abundance of food that we had to celebrate Sister Bunch's
 and my one month mark. We had a little "festa ferra"





The next pictures are from our festa ferra last night for sister Bow's 20th birthday.
She has the same birthday as you Mom!






Sister Bow got a ton of crazy stuff in her package. These were gummy ducks
 that stood up on their own. They were our guests at the festa ferra


No comments:

Post a Comment