Monday, June 25, 2012

And the Saga Begins...

Summer time brings a whole new lifestyle compared to life during the school year. But oddly enough, it still doesn't feel like summer. Maybe it's just because this week has been so busy for me. It started not long after my last post with a wonderful game of Settlers of Catan. There is one thing that you should know about me and this game: I HATE this game with a passion unlike any other. I mean really, strategy games aren't usually my thing, so I just let my family play without me. This time however, I decided to play for some odd reason, and I am so glad that I chose to do so. I have never seen a game that is so competitive and ruthless. No one was just playing "for fun". The trading of resource cards was very intense, and the placing of the "robber" was a huge source of contention. My dad won the game since he was the first player to ten points. We figured that since it had been such an exciting game and so many of us were close to winning, that we would extend the game to playing to twelve points instead of ten. Within this time, everything became more tense, and the cry of "that's not fair" became more and more frequent from my sisters. Once my mom and I realized that my dad had won for a second time, we decided to slip each other cards under the table. Emilee went crazy when she found out. She and Julia had teamed up, and started bawling their eyes out when my dad laid down his final cards to win the game. Then, for the next few days, Emilee went around the house saying "Mommy cheats" and "Victoria cheats". She even wrote that on a piece of paper and was walking around the house showing everyone. Honestly, the game itself wasn't even that fun. The good part was my sisters' reaction to the game that I will remember for the rest of my life.

Things calmed down a little bit the next morning because it was Jed's birthday. I can't believe that he is 15, or that he is driving since he started driver's ed on his birthday. That would be awful I'm not even going to lie, but at least now he can kind of drive. That is quite a scary thing, and so far I feel very grateful that I haven't been in the car while he is driving to experience the torture that I put everyone else through at first.

The day after that, I resumed the project of working on my bedroom. We went and bought the paint Tuesday night, and started painting on Wednesday. That was quite the adventure, especially when my sisters decided to sit in my window sill behind the curtains while we painted. The painting is finally done, so the next step in finishing my room is to remake the dresser into a vanity. I honestly have no idea what the time table for that will be, but I do know that at some time or other, it will get done. Along with painting my room, the decision was also made to reorganize the entire basement. This decision was mostly made because there was a couch in my room that had been there for a few months that belonged in the family room in the basement, and I wanted it out. I now have much more room to work with, and I am so glad that this is the case.

The rest of the week went as normal though, until Sunday. We made the most delicious peach cobbler in our new ramekins. Don't believe me? Look and see for yourself!




I at least think that they look delicious, and my family was so excited to have them! I did however just have to be the mean sister and have a camera out the whole time to catch the excitement.



But the best part for sure was eating them after all the anticipation. I got some interesting pictures of messy happy faces during all that. Sam was the most fun to get pictures of though. It's probably mostly because he is such a crazy eater and all around goofball. It might also be because he takes longer to eat than anyone else, so he was the last one done, which gave me more time to take silly pictures of him.

Sam was definitely our messiest eater of the night. He had ice cream all over his face, the table, and anything else that he touched!


He fit the biggest bite of food that I have ever seen him take in his mouth and I got it on camera! It was just so goofy that I had to keep it!

And of course, he still has the cutest smile that I have ever seen, even with cobbler in his mouth!

The cobbler was certainally a great way to kick off summer, well at least it made it finally feel like summer vacation for real!

No comments:

Post a Comment