Sunday, June 10, 2012

One more week...

Now I'm starting to wonder if the end of the school year is a good thing. It feels like every single one of my friends graduated yesterday. Okay, so maybe that's a lie, but so many of my friends did graduate, and now all of my classes at school, especially seminary and yearbook, feel so weird. The part that scares me the most though, is that I will be in their situation in a year! Okay, I', done with that. It's just a scary truth that we will all have to face someday.

Okay, so my life in the jewelry world is going great! I had another good day at work yesterday, and I am so close to being done with my "HLJ" ring! That's my crazy ring with the faceted stone and crazy wirework. But anyways, all I have to do is set the stone! I notched the prongs on Friday, so it is all set and ready to go. I am definitely cutting is close as far as time restraints go, but I think that it is totally possible for me to do.

So back to the subject of graduation and the like. Seminary graduation is tonight, and I am so excited to be in the choir for the third year in a row. The songs are as beautiful as ever, and I hope that I can really help the choir do them justice tonight. We are going to sing: Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing (the same arrangement we have sang for seminary choir for about forever), How Great Thou Art, and These are the Days. It should be pretty amazing, and well worth every one's time.

Oh, last night was another stake dance. It was the best dance in a long time for sure. It was so stinking fun to see friends like Kaden, Parker, and Dallas that I don't get to see as often as I would like, especially Kaden since he moved to Coeur d'Alene. The dance was supposed to be the outdoor jeans dance at Mirabeau Park, but then it was moved to the Demars' house, well actually their barn, to be a barn dance. However the dance moved locations AGAIN a few days before the dance to the stake center, but thankfully it remained a jeans dance! I was crazy though, and wore heels with my jeans: white skinny jeans with white stilettos. Yup, it was totally worth having my feet hurt a little by the end of the night. But like I said, it was so much stinking fun, and totally worth my time at the end of my busy day that included a temple trip and work as well.

On top of it all though, this week I had to "run a house" while my parents were at the Great Wolf Lodge for some business thing of my dad's. But that whole adventure wasn't really all that exciting. It was just the way that it was for most of this past week. I didn't burn down the house or anything, and there were no crazy parties while they were gone. They had a good time, no one died, and the house is still intact, so I think all in all that it was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment