Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

This was the first Christmas in years that we spent at home as a family and didn't go anywhere special. Last year, we flew to San Diego, California on Christmas Day to spend Christmas with our wonderful cousins. The year before, we spent Christmas at my aunt's house here in Spokane. It was nice to just have a small family Christmas for once. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed ever other Christmas, but it's nice to have a break from anything that's too crazy. I was woken up just before five am this morning since the room that the stockings were in is just above my bedroom. I woke up to thuds of my sibling's feet as they ran to look in their stockings. One of the best things about this Christmas was the fact that a secret someone decided to leave secret Santa gifts for us on our doorstep last night. The gesture was one of the most wonderful and Christ-like things that I probably witnessed in person today. Thank you to whoever did that for our family. Fo those of you who may be wondering, my big/exciting gifts this year were this iPhone (that I'm posting this from) and a Spanish Bible. I have truly enjoyed having this day to enjoy with my family, and I hope that everyone else has had the chance to enjoy that too. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment