Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Crazy Life

I feel like a really horrible person for not posting in so long! I am apologizing in advance that this post might be a little long because of that. The past few weeks of my life have been CRAZY, so it has just been hard for me to find time to sit down and type a little.

First things first. Since I last posted, it was Thanksgiving. I am so grateful that I had this day to stop and spend time with family and ponder on the things that I have and am thankful for. My hope for the survival of humanity was also strengthened that day. Facebook's status update thing looks like this on normal days:


But on Thanksgiving, it looked like this:


I was pretty proud of facebook, and it was a good reminder of what really matters.

The day after Thanksgiving, it is tradition at my house to put up the Christmas decorations. We have SO many! It usually takes the whole day. We always wait until the following Monday to decorate our tree though. I broke the first ornament this year! It was an accident-I promise!


Our tree is now decorated and it is "beginning to look a lot like Christmas". I love this holiday, and I guess that's a good thing since it's the only holiday we decorate for in our house. Sorry the picture of the tree is blurry!


On Tuesday, I asked my good friend MaKormick to Tolo (basically my school's Sadie Hawkins). I wish I took a picture of what I did! I had my wonderful mother make his favorite kind of dessert pizza and bring it to our seminary class at school. The pizza was still really hot when he got it, and our whole class enjoyed the pizza. I left a note (inside a plastic bag) underneath the pizza that told him who was asking him (but I didn't use my name, so he had to figure it out). The way he answered on Thursday was amazing!


He baked several HUGE chocolate chip cookies and put them in pizza boxes. They have all disappeared by now, but I guess that's no surprise since we cut up and shared about one and a half of them in class, he took the exclamation point, some of my other friends took the other half of the second one that we cut in Seminary, and my family helped me out with the last one.

On Thursday in Seminary, we made snowflakes to hang from the ceiling to decorate the room. We do this every year, and it makes things much more fun and almost carefree in a way.


This was the first snowflake that I made. It was the best one too. Snowflake day is the best! Well, I guess that it comes to an even tie with the days that we read Thanksgiving letters.

Thursday was also my yearbook advisor's birthday. She told us over the summer when we were at yearbook camp that she wanted us to go over the top. She wanted everything black and "over the hill" that we could find. Since it was her 40th birthday, we had a lot of fun getting everything ready for her the day before. We went after school once she was gone and decked out her room in black and all things "over the hill".


Her party the day after was pretty great too.

Starting Tuesday night, this week I got to help out with the musical "Annie". My sisters and mom were in it, and my mom was in charge of all the makeup, hair and costumes. Because of this, I got to go spend quite a bit of time at the dress rehearsals and performances doing hair and makeup. I made a few new friends and made many good memories. It was definitely worth it to be able to go behind the scenes and help out with this play. Even though I didn't ever get to sit out in the audience and watch the play, I had an experience like no other. I got to scrub "dirt" off of so many people! And the humor involved in it all was spectacular! I was also dragged into being a photographer at times, so that was fun too I guess.


These two are some of my favorite people in the cast! They played Rooster and Lily and were absolutely hilarious! Maybe it's just because they are two of my VERY best friends, but I think they did an amazing job! I took other crazy picture of them too, but I figured that I would save them the misery of super embarrassing pictures (they switched hats for this picture by the way). The show ran Thursday through Saturday and was, in my opinion, a success. Great job guys!

And one last thing: Emily made another silly picture of Nathan and me in AP Government the other day.


Yeah, it's quite the work of art, and it kind of shows (a lot) how jealous I am of Nathan's mad skills that he has in EVERYTHING that he does. I feel so blessed to have great friends like him!

No comments:

Post a Comment