Sunday, April 14, 2013

Prom Prep 2013

Here is part two: PROM! No it's not prom until this upcoming Saturday, but I had to get asked and stuff for it to all work out.

I got asked to prom by the one and only Nathan Mullen! Seriously the best thing ever! I am so excited that it's not even funny! He told me on March 22, the Friday before the Thursday he asked me, that he was going to ask me. He told me to not say yes to anyone else because he was going to ask me, but that he wanted to do it in a cute way. With that on my mind, I was anxious all week waiting for him to answer. I knew he was extremely busy with the school play, but I was still pretty darn anxious. He called me Thursday afternoon to "ask if I was going to the choir concert that night." I told him that no, I was busy with a church meeting. He then proceeded to ask when my meeting was along with how long it went until. After he had secured in his mind when I would be gone, he asked me if anyone would be home to let him in. I told him there would be without a doubt. I then left for my meeting with the anticipation that there would be something waiting for me when I got home that night. At about 7:45, in the middle of my meeting, my phone started ringing. It was Nathan. I had to get up and leave my meeting just to answer his call. He was calling to make sure that my meeting was "running late" and that I would take my time coming home after. I assured him that I would take my time coming home. That stinker hadn't even gotten to my house yet, and my meeting had been going for 45 minutes and had about 15 minutes left. When I finally got home, I found this:




He had put 100 balloons with a TON of confetti all over the floor! He had arrived at my house and had my family help him carry down bags and bags of balloons that he had blown up himself the night before. His car was so stuffed that there was barely room for him (trust me, he showed me pictures of his car). With such a grand feat accomplished, I had to answer in a grand way as well.

To answer him, I put my creative skills to the test and made a music video that was a song parody of "I See the Light" from Disney's movie Tangled. Why this song? Well, one time he came over to my house and we sang that song because we both love that movie and I happen to have a book with the sheet music in it. Yes, I know it is cheesy, but it was so fun to do!


The video was a pain and a half to edit since I had to convert file types and completely redo the video since the sound and video didn't match up starting about half way through the video. It took me an entire day to film and edit this video as well as the day before to record the two layers of sound.


Needless to say, if you watched the video that is, I am planning on going to prom with Nathan, and my dress is a pretty slightly gold yellow with gold jewelry/shoes/other such accents. It is crazy to believe that prom is less than one week away, but I am still super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment