Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring Break 2013

Here is the more in-depth version of last week's post. Since I did so much, I am going to split it into two posts.

For spring break, we went to Salt Lake City, Utah for a conference for my church. It is this thing called General Conference that is put on twice a year for the members of my church to hear the world-wide leaders speak to the church. Most of the time, my family usually just stays at home and watches it on TV or streams it off the Internet. This was our first time going to be there live, and it truly was a marvelous and unforgettable experience.

While in Salt Lake, we stayed with my wonderful aunt and cousins. I almost never get to see them anymore, so it was so much fun! One of my cousins had gotten married and had a son since I last saw her, and it was amazing to get to go see her and her son. Let me tell you, that boy is ADORABLE and has the biggest blue eyes that I have just about ever seen! We also got to visit my dad's brother and his family while in Utah, and my cousin is the cutest little boy with the best signature dance move! Unfortunately, I had a hard time uploading the video of him dancing though!

While on this trip, we spent A LOT of time in the car, but we still made it to our destination despite the long drive. The skies provided me with some beautiful pictures as we drove along, and my siblings were good and posed for some silly pictures as w left for our trip and from my aunt's house to the conference itself.




 We also got to do some sightseeing around Salt Lake while we were there. I had seen most of it in the past, but the beauty of it all still leaves me in awe. And we of course had to go to BYU to see the campus and get ice cream from the creamery!



Before we got to Utah however, we made a stop in Rexburg, Idaho. Yes it is just a little place in the middle of nowhere, but it is where I am going to school next year. The campus is definitely on a hill, but I can handle that!



No comments:

Post a Comment