Monday, November 17, 2014

NEW JERSEY!!!! November 3, 2014

I love New Jersey, but I guess you could call it one of the harder missions. We got one new investigator last week, and she dropped us within 24 hours. That was hard to see. All our investigators with baptismal dates won't answer our calls, their doors, or anything. It is pretty frustrating. Because of that, I have only gotten to meet with two of our investigators. We work a lot with less active members here, and some areas of the ward don't even have any active members. It's really sad. I love it here though, and I love the people.
My companion is Sister Paight. She is great, and I love learning from her. Our area is called Scotch Plains North, and we our house is in Garwood, New Jersey. It is absolutely gorgeous here! This week, I even fell and scraped my knee really really bad. It was pretty intense. The people here generally believe in Christ, but act super nice, and then give us wrong information or call us within 24 hours to cancel any plans, or they just don't answer their phones. Talk about busy, not always friendly east coast people. I still love them though. I really love seeing all the different cultures come together here as well. That is one of the coolest parts. I love it so much!
We do get to go to Ellis Island in a few weeks, so I need to get some information from Mom about that.
Love you all so much (and mom, if I said anything cool in any of the individual emails, feel free to add that to the main email on the blog too. I don't have too much time or a good enough memory to put it all here).
Love,
Sister Jensen


Here is my companion Sister Paight and I at transfer conference--the first day we were companions



Here's my battle wound from falling yesterday and all the craziness that happened with it






Look at the cute dinner that a family in the ward (the Kramers) brought us on halloween.
 It was "bones and maggots" in a pumpkin. Super cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment