Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Week Three in Jersey‏ November 17, 2014

Hi everyone! Eu amo vocês muito!

I am still loving it here in New Jersey! It is getting colder, so I am super duper thankful for the coat and other things that mom sent. Those are the best and I would probably die without them. But...I won't need them for much longer because...I got my VISA! I am headed to Brazil on December 8th! I am so excited to get there and serve the people there. It was pretty funny actually how I found out. We had a zone meeting last Tuesday, so the Assistants were there. Each one of them said something to me like, "you are the visa waiter, right?" or "how do you know if you have gotten your visa?" I knew something had to be up at that point and that they were probably just dying because they knew and I didn't. Then, we had appointments for interviews with President Taggart (by the way mom, did you ever get the pictures they were supposed to send of us the first day?). We got to the mission home a little early, just like we were supposed to. When we were waiting to go in, Sister Taggart came up and said, "you come, you touch us, and then you leave." I just sat there looking at her super confused because I was kind of in shock thinking that my visa might have come. Then Sister Paight (my companion) asked if that meant my visa was here. Sister Taggart then realized that I didn't know yet and thought that she wasn't supposed to say anything. Sure enough, I went in for my interview with President Taggart, he assumed that I already knew, which by that point, I pretty much did, and then he told me that I do have my visa and that I will be leaving on December 8th for Brazil! I am so excited to go and serve in Portuguese!

Other things this week, we have met some cool people that seem so ready to hear the gospel this week. It is amazing to see that as we put forth all of our effort, the Lord really does put people in our path that are ready for the gospel.

This last Saturday night, our stake had an international night. It was so fun to see how many different cultures there are here. I can name countless different countries where people are from. It seems like we mostly run into Haitians and Salvadorians though. They are all so great, and generally far more receptive than Americans. It just makes me more excited to go to Brazil where people are friendlier than stubborn Americans. It doesn't matter where the person is from though. If they are prepared, they will listen no matter what.

I love you all and love hearing from you!

Eu sei que Jesus Cristo é nosso Salvador e que por meio dele, podemos ter todos os felicidades da vida. Ele pode ayudar-nos com todos os provações.

Com amor,
Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment