Monday, November 24, 2014

Oi! Semana Muita Boa em Nova Jersey November 24, 2014

Oi minha familia e meus amigos!

I am so excited to write to all of you this week! It has been an absolutely amazing week here in New Jersey. I'm pretty sure the weeks are only going to get better just to make it harder to leave in two weeks for Brazil. I had so much fun this week and got to know all the people here better. I am going to miss all of them so much when I leave! 

This week...I got to go to Ellis Island for service! It was so absolutely amazing! We got to help people find their family that came through Ellis Island. It was like the people we getting just a small taste of the Spirit of Elijah and the joy that family history work brings into our lives. It was really cool for me to be there. I found the records of the Lesamiz family through Ellis Island. My family. I was there where they were. It was so cool! You can really feel the spirit of freedom that America brings to all that come. It truly is the promised land where the gospel could be restored. How amazing it is! 

We are also getting the members more involved here. It is so fun to see their excitement as they do their job as member missionaries to share the gospel with all those around them. We have seen so many miracles from it for sure. Each one of us makes a difference. You don't have to be a missionary to share the gospel. Trust me. It's even better when your not a missionary. But then...when missionaries and members work together. BAM! Magic happens! I love it so much!

Love you all and hope you're doing well! Eu sei que o Senhor vai fazer todo para ajudar-nos. Precisamos seguir Ele com toda nossa força! Eu amo vocês!

Com amor,
Sister Jensen

A note from Mom. Victoria put this in my email this week and I thought it would be neat to add it. (When I went to Ellis Island I was exactly Victoria's age. I loved it and knew she would too!)

I just loved Ellis Island! And it was so fun to see the Statue of Liberty and New York from it. It has such an amazing feeling there. You know when you are there that all those people sacrificed so much to be in this free land. It makes me sad that the freedom is decreasing day by day. The things that those people fought for are going away little by little. 

New York City on the way to Ellis Island



Ellis Island







New York City (from Ellis Island)




Super terrible selfie with New York City




The Statue of Liberty




Me with New York City! (From Ellis Island)





Me with the Statue of Liberty way behind me from Ellis Island





1 comment: