Monday, November 5, 2012

It's Really "Pinteresting"

I like many, have become involved in the pinterest society. There are so many things that I have found on there that I like. While I haven't tried many of the ideas that I have seen, it is still lots of fun to see all the ideas. The only problem is that everything doesn't always work as well as it should. Here is my interpretation of this idea:


The hair style looks okay right? I wouldn't complain to have my hair turn out like this every day. Everything seems too good to be true, I mean come on. One step? To show how potentially deceiving things can be, this is what my hair looked like when I turned my head after taking the picture:


Pinterest always tells the truth, right? I mean, any picture of someone curling their hair MUST mean that it's easy and turns our perfect.


The best ones though are the makeup ones. Anyone can do a good job with makeup according to pinterest, and every makeup style will work for any eye shape. What many people don't take into consideration, is that makeup is an ART FORM, not a simple math problem. There isn't really a whole lot of black and white with makeup. Here is an example.


Besides the awful picture quality, the eye looks great right? Well, even though it may look great up close, it doesn't always look so good from far away.


The makeup is far too dark in my opinion, and looks very creepy.

Moral of the story, look at what you are pinning before you pin it. Things aren't always so great. Don't get me wrong, I love pinterest, but I just wanted to put out a warning call.

No comments:

Post a Comment