Monday, November 12, 2012

Veteran's Day

So before I get into the meat of my post, I have to say something that I forgot to post about yesterday. When I was at Youth Conference, Nathan told me that he told Jordan to park next to my car. When I went out to my car to leave, there was ice on my windows. I had just started to scrape them when Nathan and Jordan came outside to leave. Nathan promptly took my scraper from me and finished scraping my windows! After that, I went to get into my car, and Jordan kindly closed my door for me. Those twins have been well trained!

Yesterday, I went to mission prep for the first time! I was late, but the class was good, and I'm glad that I went. While there, I saw Nathan, but Jordan wasn't there, so I gave him a bad time about that later. Actually, I happened to see Jordan later that very day. I was at the church for choir practice, and when it was done, my sister ran back in the room shouting, "Victoria! Nathan is here". I promptly left the room to say hello, but when I got there, it was Jordan, not Nathan! It would be one thing for her to get them mixed up if they were both blonde still, but they aren't! I was definitely laughing about this for a while afterwards because for identical twins, they are pretty easy to tell apart.

Veterans are really important to me. Since I have several family members in the military, one being in Afghanistan right now, I respect them so much for the sacrifices they make for our country. The time that they spend and the things they give up are so vast that I couldn't do it justice to name just some of them. I did have a chance to express my feelings through an essay that I wrote today though. For my Writing for College class, I wrote a thousand word essay about Veteran's Day and the American flag. Both are extremely important to me, and are things that remind me of the many freedoms that I enjoy. God bless those that are serving our country and their families! They do so much more than we could every truly comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment