Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Friends in Argentina

A few weeks ago, one of my church leaders went to Argentina to pick up her son from his mission. She took with her: letters that we wrote to girls in his ward (congregation), bracelets that we made them, and pictures of us to go with them. She got back from Argentina recently with wonderful stories to tell about giving the things to those girls. I wish I could have been there myself, but I am still grateful for the response that I got. The sent back a letter and a gift for each of the girls my age that I go to church with.


I will never forget this moment, and I look forward to getting to know these girls better via facebook or email.

When we wrote the letters, all of the other girls in my class wrote them in english, and had our leader type and translate them before she went to Argentina. I wanted to write mine in spanish as an extra effort to reach out. It also made it easier for my leader because it was one less letter that she had to type and translate through google translator. I also don't exactly trust google translator. Their response did make my day, and I'm so glad that I have this special link with a group of people in a different part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment