Sunday, August 23, 2015

Email à vocês de Ribeirão Preto de Novo!‏ March 9, 2015



Hey there queridos!

That's right, weird, but I'm in Ribeirão Preto again today. Don't worry mom, nothing is wrong. We are here because I am singing in the "choir" for the mission tour this month with one of the 70. I say choir because it's literally only six people. Yikes! It's four elders and two sisters (Sister Andersen and I). That means that we have one soprano, one alto, two tenors, and two basses. Guess who gets to be the one and only soprano...me. So, I kind of have to sing a lot. Oh well. It's all good. I am super excited for the mission tour though because it will be the whole mission together. That almost never happens here. All of our conferences that would be all of the mission are split in two because of the distance to travel. It is going to be super sweet. It wasn't too fun to get up at 4 to catch a bus to be here in Ribeirão for the rehearsal this morning though.

This week, we walked more than I think would ever be possible, but we are getting to know the area better each day. I think my Portuguese is improving, or at least hope so, and my hair is definitely getting more bleached out. I am seriously blonde here. It's kind of crazy in all honesty. And let me tell you, district meeting was kind of bizarre because we are the only sisters in the city. We started together with our whole zone, then split off into districts, and man, you could tell there were a lot of elders there. I still love it in Araraquara despite all that. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against elders, but sometimes it makes you feel a little outnumbered. 

Here in this area, we have mostly less active members of the church that we are working with because that's who the last sisters worked with and left for us. Sister Sena and I are walking and working hard to find investigators though, so wish us luck and send prayers our way. Our area is super big for us to cover, so we spend the majority of our time walking in between appointments, but we know we will find people that are looking.

Hey, I love you all and hope you are doing just swell. This church is the restored church of Christ, and the work is going forward faster every day.

Com amor,
Síster Jensen

ps. I attached one of the pictures that i meant to send last week with all the cookies we made, BEFORE the activity at Irmã Lúcia's house.



Here is a picture that I promised i would send for Amanda's kids when i found birds. 
They were at the house we made the cookies at.




Here's the spread of food at the activity




Me, Sister Sena, Irmã Lúcia, Irmão Agustos (her husband, a super famous judge 
here-think supreme court) and their adorable grandson.




Sister Sena, Irmã Lúcia, and I




Lorena and I (she is a yw, 18 yr, in the ward in Irajá)




Dani and I (rm in Irajá)




Bishop Caio, Sister Sena and I (Irajá)




Irmã Lúcia, her daughter in law, Marila, Sister Sena and I




Us and the family of Irmã Keli (Lorena's family)




Debora, an awesome Rm








No comments:

Post a Comment