Monday, August 24, 2015

Oi de Ipiranga, Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo, Brasil! August 11, 2015

Hey there!

So...we got transfer calls on Saturday, and...I went back to Ribeirão Preto. Sorry I didn't have time to email yesterday because we were traveling all day. Anyway, I am here in Ipiranga, and it is going to be a wonderful transfer. My companion is Sister Lourenço and she has 7 months on the mission, and is from Alagoas (another Nordestina!). I am really going to miss Sister Lima da Silva, but I am super duper excited to serve with my new companion. She is super sweet and we already get a long super well. We live with two other sisters, one of which is basically at the end of her mission, and her companion will be a brand new missionary that arrives today. So, basically we haven't met one of the Sisters yet, but we are excited.

I feel so grateful for all the time that I had in Araraquara. It was truly a wonderful experience that I will never forget. I will have to send all the pictures from there next week though because I forgot my camera at home. I just have my flashdrive with me right now. 

Anyway, Araraquara was a miracle area for me. Sure, it wasn't always the easiest, but I feel like I grew so much there, and I was able to see some wonderful fruits of our work there. We had the baptism of four of the five kids of Daniel and Nádia. Their kids (Daniel, Gabriel, Juliana, and Adam) that were old enough to be baptized were so excited that Saturday afternoon! And cute little Daví whos 5 was so angry and frustrated that he couldn't be baptized yet--you will have to see in the photos that I will send next week--it's super cute. This family is absolutely amazing, and I feel super blessed that we got to meet them. They were warmly received by the ward. They will be such a strength to the church here.

Com meu amor,
Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment