Sunday, August 23, 2015

Uma outra semana muita boa aqui no Brasil!‏ January 5, 2015

Hey there everyone!

So I realize that my emails that I send are super wimpy. I really am sorry. I just can't really ever think of anything to say or remember the cool stuff that happened that week. 'ta bom. I will remember better with time I think. Anyway...here we go.

This week we had New Years! We didn't do anything special, but let me tell you. At midnight, EVERYONE does fireworks and they are obnoxiously loud. We couldn't see them the way our apartment is situated, but we could certainly hear them, which was super-duper annoying. Oh well. Here for New Years, everyone wears white. Like all white. Just for the midnight party stuff. I'm not sure if there is a particular reason for it, but if not, we can pretend that they do it to symbolize a fresh, pure start at the beginning of the year. I don't know, but whatever. We told them about the American New Year's traditions, and they thought we were crazy. They thought that times square was cool, but that the midnight kiss was a little strange. Lots of fun though sharing cultural traditions back and forth. 

We finally have an investigator with a baptismal date! Nossa! I'm so excited! He came to church yesterday and everything. Foi muito legal. I feel like we can really change this area. The ward feels huge, but I found out yesterday the truth. We have about 140 people there on average, which isn't bad. The ward has about 800 people though, so we are trying to get a list of less active members to help with that. They are trying to get enough people there regularly to get the ward split so they can build another chapel. Pretty cool. We will have to see though. I know we can do it!

I love you all and hope you have had an absolutely wonderful week!

Com todo meu amor,

Síster Jensen



No comments:

Post a Comment