Sunday, August 23, 2015

Última Semana na Primeira Transferéncia no Brasil!‏ January 12, 2015

Oí família e amigos!

This week has been super crazy. Like really. We walked more than I ever thought possible, and it has been super hot here. We had on average, one appointment per day. All the rest fell through. That is why we walked so much, And, my area is pure hills. 

Our one appointment each day is always super great though. It is with our investigator Marcos. He is getting baptized...Saturday! Saturday will be great! We have three baptisms in our ward (one from each companionship) and it is my four months in the mission day. Crazy! Sister Beserra found Marcos just over a week ago when we were working with our Sister Training Leaders. He is a simple, humble man that has just in the past week, seen his life become so much better because of the gospel. I didn't even meet him the first day when he was feeling super down, but I can already see a huge difference. By the way, three baptisms in this ward is unheard of. They are lucky if they get one every few months. The work really is hastening!

My family asked questions about laundry and groceries here in Brazil. We have a washing machine in our apartment, and a rack thing that hangs from the ceiling to dry our clothes on, so laundry isn't too abnormal so far. Grocery shopping is pretty normal too. The somewhat annoying thing though, is that they don't have stores like walmart here. If you want to get a list of different things, you have to go to lots of different stores to find it. It's all good though.

So I decided that I am going to make a list of things that mean you are in Brazil. I have a few things of the list already. but I will continue to add more with time. So far I have this.

You know you are in Brazil when:
Your apartment feels cool at 91.5 degrees
You make mango juice for breakfast almost daily
Your hair is ALWAYS up in a bun
Water, wind, clouds, and rain are your best friends
Lunch isn't lunch without rice

That's just a few of the things that I have learned and loved about Brazil. Love you all too and miss your wonderful faces!

Com Amor,
Sister Jensen

We had a fun little sleep over in our living room Friday night with all four of us in the apartment. It was lots of fun! I really love all these sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment