Sunday, August 23, 2015

Segunda Transferencia no Brasil!‏ January 19, 2015

Hey there my beloved family and friends!

Yesterday I officially completed my third transfer in the mission, second in the field, and first in Brasil! Que legal! Look at that! I even spelled Brazil in portuguese without even thinking about it. Funny how those little things are exciting. Oh, and last saturday, the 17th, was four months on the mission! WOOHOOO I still get to spend 14 more months here in Brazil! Nossa! I am loving it, but I seriously wish that it was a little bit cooler during the afternoons, and at night. No joke, inside our apartment, it reached 94 degrees. I'm not even kidding. It was kind of crazy, and super hard to sleep at night. We are all doing well though.

News on the transfer...We are all staying! All four of us in our apartment are staying for another transfer here in Irajá! I love this area--the ward is wonderful, like seriously. But as far as areas go in the mission, it is pretty darn hard. If anyone has advice on how to find people to teach in a rich area with no one in the streets (because everyone is working), and those that are in the streets only work here, the advice would be super cool. It is really hard to find people here, and the people we find usually fall through, so we WALK every day, all day. That is not fun, but oh well. You do what you have to do and do it with a smile. That's the good thing. Sister Beserra and I still smile and laugh about everything even though we both know that this area is super hard. Seriously. Try working in the richest area in the mission, with hardly any member referrals, no inactive list, and have it be the mission president's ward. And super hot. We love it so much though. We are always up for the challenge!

Sad news of the week, Marcos wasn't baptized on Saturday. His mom said he was working, and he didn't answer his phone. We waited an hour and a half for him to get home from work, but that didn't happen. We even tried to pick him up for church the next day like normal, but he either wasn't there, was sleeping, or didn't want to come. We are going to go try and see him tomorrow though. The baptism was still great! Each of the other companionships serving in our ward had a baptism, and the Spirit was super strong at the baptismal service! Despite the challenges, this was still a great week!

Love you all so much!

Sister Jensen

ps. did my family ever get the postcard that I sent from New Jersey?
pps. the picture is of my absolutely amazing district-by the way, Elder Lloyd (my district leader) visa waited in the spokane mission, one of his areas was Chewelah, (he knows Barry and Avery), and he is friends with one of my zone leaders from New Jersey! Crazy right!



Karina (the recent convert that we skyped you from) made us these cute little dolls. 
Can you tell who is who? There is one of each of us.




Here is Sister Beserra and I




Look how ridiculously hot it was! I took a picture of the clock to prove it. We also took a 
video of Sister Andersen in the fridge as a joke because it was so hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment