Sunday, August 23, 2015

Outra semana muita quente e muita boa aqui no Brasil!‏ January 26, 2015

Oí família e amigos!

This week was just great! It is super stinking hot here, like way hotter than the last email. It's all good though and I am loving it more than ever! I am more acclimated to the heat (by the way, I am going to apologize now for all the spelling errors I make, this computer spell checks for portuguese, not english) and stuff is freaking amazing! But really, I love it more and more each day, even though we walk more and more each day. 

Yesterday I gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting. SCARIEST THING EVER. Giving a talk in a language that you don't speak fluently to people that do speak it fluently. Talk about nerve racking. Apparently it was good though. One of the members (the absolutely amazing relief society president) even used something from my talk to lovingly and jokingly chastize her daughter when we were at their house for lunch. I think that means that they understood me! Success! And, Elder Zolet (one of the assistants that is serving in our ward too-Brazilian from Curitiba) said that I almost don't have an american accent! Best compliment ever! Things are getting easier in the language aspect, but it's still not perfect.

As far as the work this week, we only really have one investigator. Her name is Luana, and she is 21 with a really cute little son. We are hoping that she will really take everything to heart and have a desire to know and act. She is amazing, and we love her so much. Marcos decided to hold off a little for now, so we are going to visit him sometime in the future, but not for a little bit. Hopefully one of these days we will get a baptism that doesn't fall through. We walk and walk so much. I'm pretty sure we walked for 4 hours straight one day around our part of the area trying to get contacts by knocking on doors. We got just over 100 contacts this week though, so that was super cool.

Hey, I love you all soooooo much and am thankful for every thing that each of you taught me. It really means a lot to me. This gospel is true, and we can share it. What an awesome opportunity that is. You don't have to wear a name badge to share your love of the thing that brings the most joy. I love the gospel and I love the way it changes each of our lives for the better.

Com todo meu amor,

Sister Jensen

We reached a new record high inside the apartment this last week!



It actually got cool and stayed cool in our apartment!




Here is me with my little doll from Karina



No comments:

Post a Comment